Spring Training 2006
Spring Training is rapidly approaching, and the Mariners are possibly looking marginally better than they were last year with the additions of an unproven Japanese catcher and a hot-headed outfielder. Still, it's the uniform that we cheer for, not the players, so let's get down to Arizona to cheer on our favorite laundry and hang out with Rick the Peanut guy!
Paul and I were discussing, and it looks like the best weekend for us there would be March 17th (v. SD Padres in Peoria - Mariners are home) and 18th (v. SF Giants in Scottsdale). Southwest is running a special - $99 one-way to Phoenix, but it's unavailable for the dates we would want (regardless of the weekend we chose) unless you are willing to go down on Wed and back on Mon. Otherwise, we may be able to find a deal on travelocity or something.
So my question to you is: Who amongst us is a true blue Mariners fan? Win or lose, we always have a good time in AZ, but I realize that things are more difficult this year than ever with new babies and new mortgages. Last year was the first year in a long time with no Arnesen presence at spring training, I hope this is not a tradition that is going to die. I hope we can all make it, but take a look at your financial situations and your family situations, and post here whether you are planning to come this year or not. Go Mariners!
1 comment:
The weekend of the 18th is Rebecca McCarter's wedding, she's getting married in Mt. Timp, so I think I need to be there for her that weekend. But realistically it would be hard for me to make it any weekend because it's going to be pretty hard for me to miss class. But let me know what the final say is on when you're going, and perhaps I could drive down for a saturday game.
Post a Comment