Hey yall


I just wanted to do a quick note to let you know what is going on in our household.
We did a great haunted house with friends on Beaver lake. It was a blast! We used a lot of our stuff and it was a great evening. Hundreds of people came and all the kids got to go through the haunted basement. The water was hovering with fog, so it was a perfect night. Halloween was fun with dinner for my v-teaching family because their son is diabetic so they had a gathering for him. Then a neighborhood party and trick or treating. I took Gregory to a couple of houses. He went in and had toast and cereal. Isn't that just the way of life, a guy with the worst diet in the world goes trick or treating and winds up with Cheerios. WHATEVER!
It was performance week this week and last. We are almost done! They were great. Howard is dang talented. I am reminded constantly watching him out there with all those kids, making them all laugh their heads off!
Christian has his last football game this Friday at 3 at his school. It has been a half and half season. I hope he pulls a win out, but he is having a great time regardless of whether they win or not. I am proud of him. He is always helping everyone feel great and boost them in their efforts. He is playing a lot and doing well. Justin plays his first playoff game on Saturday at 4:30 at Elake HS. It might be his last game if they loose, but we hope he wins! He is done with soccer now, so we can breathe a little better around here now.
Gregory is learning tons of new signs and using them in daily life, which is awesome. He now knows about fifty signs or so, which is awesome! We are pleased with his progress. Meredith is doing a great job with him. We just did the first ever Camelot Club at Ingelwood. This is a club Christian and I are doing with the kids in Gregory's class. We had a lot of positive feedback. It was fun. We meet once a month and do fun stuff with the kids. We are excited to plan the next one.
This Friday is the Daddy daughter date that I am heading up. I asked friends of ours if we could use their barn, and it is the most amazing peice of property on the plateau, and everyone is so excited to go in and see it. They have it all gated off, and it is going to be a blast. Even though Heather is under age, I think I might squeeze her in. I am calling all the square dancing, and I am so excited to see her there, getting pictures and everything. I still have the ones I have of Dad and I. It is so fun to do these things with my kids.
Just FYI...Christian and Gregory's team is now over $16,000!!! I am so proud of them. We still have some more coming in. Our goal was ten, and I am so thrilled that they accomplished that.
Christian has been doing early morning seminary, so we are up in the wee hours of the am. He is doing well. I am proud of his efforts and he never complains about it!
We just replaced our thermostat. After it froze and we were waking up seeing our breath, we knew something was wrong. Poor Meredith. She was above the garage. I am so happy it was something as easy as that, and that we were able to get it done in a hurry. Let me know if you need a good heat company, because these guys are great!
Justin had his friend party last weekend. It was a blast. We took the kids out on the boat that was all strung up with Halloween lights, and found floating bones in the lake. (don't worry, we found all of them) Then we went over to the cabana on the other side of the lake and had pizza, games, black lights, dancing, cake, etc. Then we cleaned as they played air hockey, and came back around the lake to watch a movie on the big screen while I unloaded all the stuff. Easy party, and a lot of fun!
Next week is our school talent show, and I am heading it up, so I have to get the kid's acts together. It will be fun.
I did some Christmas shopping today. It was such a treat. I was thinking of you guys all the way...it is fun to get presents for everyone. I am looking forward to the Christmas season.
I gotta get my boat off the lake and winterized but if there is one more beautiful sunny day, I might take one last run. Any takers!?
Christian told me a couple of days ago, "sorry, mom, I just found out that I have a band concert tonight". I was so bummed because I wanted to hear him so much. I was driving him there, and he started doing this, ba bum, ba bum... then I said, I wish I could hear the whole thing, though! And then he said, just a minute, mom, there are only three measures left. I laughed so hard because he had read through his whole song and directed it from the front seat so I wouldn't have to miss it. A frustrating evening turned into a sweet memory with my boy.
Heather and I went to the pumkin patch with her school. We had a lot of fun. She is a spunky girl and she looked so cute in her braids and cowboy boots. We both dressed up and had fun. You should have seen my farmer teeth. LUVLY!
I love you all, just a little update on our clan!
No comments:
Post a Comment