Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Eagle-Son


I was browsing on the internet today and I stumbled across something that I thought I would share... I never realized that "Arne" in ancient Scandinavian means "Eagle" (which is where the name Arne comes from). Maybe you all knew that already and I'm just late for the party. But it definitely adds a new dimension to our surname in my opinion. Now we are sons of eagles and not just sons of some guy named Arne (although I'm still proud to be a descendent of Arne!).
It also reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures: Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


Check it out:



What ARNE means


1 comment:

Lizzie Ann said...

Very cool! Thanks Brad!