Cruise Update
Hello All,
Well, this super cheap cruise has now gotten very expensive. No matter what deal we find online, when we try and book it, the price is now up to over $700.00 per person!!! Crazy.
So we have a couple of options:
Do something totally different this summer like:
- lake trip
- Glacier National Park for hiking, rafting, etc.
- Hawaii this spring...there are really good flights and housing deals right now
What do people think?
When are you done with school Brad? You have to be there! so I say we plan around Brad's school schedule.
Maybe we will have a senior missionary couple to visit by next February, so maybe we want to save our trip to visit them?
So many decisions. Please give feedback. We will talk more at Thanksgiving time, but please un-reserve February.
Can't wait to see you all!
4 comments:
Well, my spring break is short, especially if I start at UW this spring (which is my plan). If that happens, my spring break will be from Mar. 24-27. Which is basically just a weekend.
June 12-19 will be my summer break, though. I am fairly certain I would be able to go at that time, although there is a chance I might be taking a couple classes at BC which would screw that up too.
I'm not sure what to tell you right now, sorry I am making this so difficult!
I vote for Glacier or Hawaii. I have a feeling the Glacier trip would be a little less expensive, but I loved Glacier (minus the rain) when Brad, Lizaron and I went. It would be fun to do some camping/hiking. I also would like to go to Maui, but may end up doing that in January/February anyway (but would be game to go again if the fam decided to go).
Lake trip would be fun, too. Maybe easier to plan.
My work schedule will change probably around March (yay!), so that will change things for me, but I should be able to trade shifts easier working days so that I can attend all of the reunion.
And I may be doing another trip with LDS Humanitarian/Operation Smile at some point between February and June (only a week long, not half the summer this time), so I'll keep you posted with that.
I think you are right about working around Brad's schedule. We need to have him there.
I am game for any of those options. What about Mexico? You can find good deals on flights and also lodging. Or what about a long weekend ski trip? If it was just adults, that would be fun! Or how about Florida? We could do Disneyworld? Although you and m&d are going in a few weeks. Or a cool backpacking trip? The possibilities are endless.
I know you and Paul will make a great decision on what you want to do, and I fully support whatever you decide.
I second Lizzie. I am up for doing anything. I can talk with you about more ideas when you come. I will also do a little research and see what comes up. I would love to do an Alaska cruise, but I wouldn't complain about the sun, either! Just looking forward to good memories with you ALL!!!!
Amy
Post a Comment