Friday, May 16, 2008

Hawaii Fitness Challenge!


GET FIT IN HAWAII!
OK guys, here it is… I need some motivation to get in shape during our vacation in Hawaii so I put together a little incentive for me and maybe some of you too. Here is how it works: you get points every day for doing healthy-type things. The object is just to get as many points as you can.
PRIZES! Everyone who participates by keeping track of their points every day will get one of the $5 gift cards I used to hand out for WaMu. If you can get more points by the end of Hawaii than me, then you get one of my $20 gift cards. IF no one can beat me, then the top 2 finishers besides me will get a $20 gift card. Gift cards are for Starbucks, Jamba Juice, Barnes & Noble, Cold Stone, and Blockbuster. Everyone is invited to participate, even if you are not actually in Hawaii.


Here is how you earn points:


1 point for every glass of water you drink (soda, juice, and milk do NOT count) up to a max of 8/day


2 points for every serving of fruit or vegetables you eat (for simplicity's sake, a serving is defined as roughly fist sized or apple sized – potatoes, rice, and salad with dressing do NOT count)


10 points for completing 20 minutes of cardio or strength exercise BEYOND your normal planned activities (ie surfing, scuba diving, zip-lining, snorkeling, walking around the PCC, etc. do NOT count)


BONUS – You get a bonus of 4 points of every pound you lose between May 17 and May 27, so be sure to weigh yourself before you leave and when you get back.


Who is up for the challenge??

2 comments:

RaeAnn said...

I am up B-rad. Question...what if we workout for 40 or 60 minutes?

Kelli said...

Soo...any word on who won? I'm pretty sure I gained weight so I don't think I won...although I don't like to weigh myself, so I don't know. :)