Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kelli's recent shenanigans...

So, I'm back from the east coast and thought I'd update everyone on Arnesen life in Provo-town and elsewhere thus far and share some pictures. I am one short, 3 page paper away from graduating college and having this chapter of my life come to a close. Super weird, but super excited! All my clinicals are done, and now I'm just trying to work and earn some money for HAWAII!! I can't wait!





I had the recent opportunity to attend the "Festival of Colors" at the Hare Krishna temple in Spanish "Fark" where everyone just throws colored chalk and flour around and it makes it difficult to breath. Basically to celebrate the coming of spring; too bad it hasn't manifested that much in Utah so far this year...it was snowing yesterday!






This past weekend was my big trip to Maryland to share my autism research project. My presentation went really well; not too many people there because I presented at the first session on the first day, but that's a-ok. It was really fun to meet all the students from other schools and meet new people. Sorry, Mom, but I don't think I met my E.C. there-my summer wedding might have to be postponed for a while! :) We were able to spend some time in Ocean City on the beach, and then we were able to go to Washington DC on the saturday, which was SUPER fun! I love that city! We saw so many monuments and buildings, but we only saw a fraction of what they have there. We also happened to be there during the Cherry blossom Festival, so they had a big parade going, which funny enough, Timpview High School from Provo was performing in the parade. Kinda fun to see them there.



We went to Arlington cemetery and saw the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier, the eternal flame, and the cool part for us as nursing students was to see the section of the cemetery where all the armed forces nurses were buried and the nurses monument they have there.






And now, I'm just one week away from graduation. Elder Bednar is speaking at commencement which should be cool to hear from him.

Love you all, and I can't wait to see you all soon! Victoria, hang in there...just a few more weeks!

-K

1 comment:

RaeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing Kell! I am so proud of my sis-in-law--both you and Victoria as you are both accomplishing great things this month! Can't wait to see you soon!